Monday, February 04, 2008

Fish Pie

It turns out that my friend's photo server is moving house. So this blog will be without illustrations for a while. Maybe this is a good excuse for some of those really un-photogenic recipes...
I thought Fish Pie was brilliant comfort food, and so does Jamie Oliver, but going from the weird looks I got at work, maybe not everyone agrees. I'm going to post my simple recipe, but feel free to go all Jamie if you'd like something fancier. I'd happily eat this every week.
Fish Pie
Poach, steam or microwave some firm, white fish - I used left-over barbecued snapper, but anything will do. Then make a white sauce (with skim milk, if you're being good). Finely chop some colourful veggies (carrot, red capsicum and peas, are a good combination). Flake the fish with a fork, and stir all the fish and veggies into the white sauce. Divide the sauce between oven proof ramekins, and top with puff pastry. Cook in a 180 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the pastry is properly puffed.
Serve with green beans.

No comments: