Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Roast Pumpkin Soup Redux

I've posted this basic recipe before, but it's the kind of week where I desperately need comfort food. It's also a great recipe to mess with, so this version it has less pumpkin and lots of carrots.
I apologise for the photo - the resident photographer is in Darwin. After I took the photo, I remembered about Lisa's No Croutons Required event. I thought it fit quite nicely.
Roast Pumpkin Soup with Garlic and Rosemary
Half a butternut pumpkin
4 carrots
2 cloves of garlic
1 brown onion
2 sprigs of rosemary
1 litre vegetable stock
Chop and peel everything but the stock. Combine on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, and bake in a hot oven for 45 minutes. The vegetables have to be really soft. Put everything in a saucepan, whizz with the hand blender, and heat through. I like serving this with a big dollop of sour cream.

No comments: