Sunday, December 03, 2006

Hiking is really, really bad for you

Camp Cooking

OK, maybe not completely bad for you, but definitely bad for your diet.
The complete list of food I've eaten since friday night:
- burger at icky fast food joint
- muesli with long life milk
- white turkish roll with tuna & that icky 'cow' cream cheese that doesn't need refridgerating
- spui min (oh, sorry, one of those packet meals where you just add boiling water & sit. this one was sweet & sour pork flavour, to give you the idea)
- small plastic container of so-called chocolate mousse (also didn't require refridgeration)
- muesli with long life milk and tinned fruit
- a much better mushroom & onion burger at a much better take away place.

But this leaves out the snacks - half a kilo of trail mix, violet crumble, jelly snakes, shape biscuits... I think that's it.
I haven't cooked a single thing all weekend. I have no idea what we are going to eat this week, and haven't done any shopping. I'm sure I'll figure it out soon. I hope your week has a better start!

No comments: