Monday, December 11, 2006

Menu planning monday

Back to some routine! Ryan did all the grocery shopping this weekend, and chose the menu, so it's a bit more expensive and creative than usual. But thats ok because we spent so little last week (not being able to get to the fruit & veg markets). He still spent less that $50 at coles, and only $20 at the markets, so our $100 a fortnight food budget is intact.
Here's the plan:
Last night: Salmon and vegetable kebabs on the barbecue (the salmon was expensive, but so worth it)
Monday: Arancini (Italian rice balls). We had oil left over from deep frying the wontons, which was Ryan's inspiration for this yummy, greasy dinner.
Tuesday: Spaghetti and meatballs (from last weeks cooking overload).
Wednesday: Ricotta gnocchi (ricotta also something we don't often buy. In one of my Donna Hay magazines there are instructions to make it, so I might have to try)
Thursday: Quesadilla's (I hope I spelt that correctly)
Friday: Fresh cream of mushroom soup.

I've decided to make it official, and joined OrgJunkies Menu Plan Monday.

I hope you're planning a yummy week too!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hello, thank you for participating. I'm sorry I didn't make it here sooner. I will have Menu Plan Monday up again this Monday. I hope you join us! Laura