Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Too many vegetables - celery pasta

What would you do if you inadvertently bought two bunches of celery at the same time? This is what happens when Ryan and I go in separate directions at the farmers' market. I didn't mind too much though - I saw a briliant recipe on Frugal Cuisine (months ago) and remembered it just in time.
Basically, you sweat the celery for a little while, add chicken stock and set to simmer. When the celery is breaking down and the stock has reduced a bit, you add some stirfry noodles, and cook until ready. I couldn't find any stirfry noodles in the cupboard, so I added some bowtie pasta a little earlier.
It was good. I just wish I could take photos as well as Pepper.

3 comments:

neil said...

That's great you managed to use it up. I really hate it when I need to use only one or two stalks and put the bunch away only to find within 24 hours its gone all soft and limp. Your recipe sounds wonderful.

Rosie said...

That does sound good...I always do chicken stock with excess celery. It's one of my favorite flavors, even in Cel-Ray soda...but it's hard to find something to use a great deal of it in.

Ali-K said...

Thanks for this recipe, I'm often stuck trying to find something to do with extra celery. I always end up with too much of the stuff.