Saturday, January 05, 2008

This is not a diet!

Tis the season for resolutions, weightloss plans and left over ham. I had a great holiday with snorkelling, sand, small cousins, champagne and very good fruit cake. One day I am going to beg Melva for her award-winning recipe, but right now my heart is set on lighter things.
It's not about the extra kilo's that snuck up in December. It may be about the absurdity of plum pudding and roast meats on a 40 degree day. It's mostly that after a month of chaotic good cheer, I am home, and my heart is craving routine and my tummy just wants salad.

I am joining the BlogHer 2008 Good Health-a-thon!
I have two big goals:
- I will be in my healthy weight range by the end of April (this means losing 6 kg)
- I will catch up on all the check-ups that have fallen by the way side, by July

For January I have some baby-steps:
- avoid all the sweet stuff hiding in the office kitchen (it's all junk I don't really like anyway)
- make body appropriate meals. This means Ryan the crazy cyclists gets carbs on the side with every meal, and I get enough vegetables on my plate so I don't want the carbs
- make an appointment to get my eyes checked. thankyou, little sister, for helping me discover that my eyesight is not what it was.

Don't worry! The dessert recipes won't disappear, and I won't start harping on about Atkins. But I'm going to turn up to a few more cardio classes at the gym. And maybe (no promises) get out my pushbike...

No comments: