Sunday, January 07, 2007

Cooking for others - big bold plans!

January brings me three big cooking challenges - ones where I'm not going to be able to eat all the leftovers on toast and pretend it never happened.
Challenge Number 1.
One of my very first Canberra friends (who we shall call Special-K) is about to have her very first baby. As a present, Ryan and I want to fill her freezer with easy-to-nuke, ready-to-go meals. One complicating factor is that Special-K is vegetarian, so some of my favourite freezer meals won't work.
Challenge Number 2.
Another Canberra friend is having her 'Goodbye 29' Party. Otherwise known as a '20-10 Birthday' or the 9th anniversary of her 21st. She is having a party, and together we will do all the catering. A fingerfood dinner for 30 people can't be that hard, can it? That's not until February 20, but we think it's better to start planning soon.
Challenge Number 3.
The scales weren't very kind to me, post Christmas. I weighed 64kg on New Years Eve, and the maximum healthy weight for my height is 56kg. I've signed up with CalorieKing to track how much I'm eating. They have suggested a diet of 1200 calories a day. I'm not sure if I can do that, especially on a budget, but I'll let you know how I go.

No comments: