Thursday, January 18, 2007

Tandoori-Style Chickpeas

I can take no credit for this recipe at all. But while it's so bright and colourful, and cooking on my stove, I thought I'd tell you all about it.
The recipe is from a really old article from Vegetarian Times. And it was pointed out to me by Tracey C at Simple Savings. It's very simple, very frugal and very healthy. What more could you want in a Thursday night dinner? Oh yeah, taste, well it's not the most complex flavour, but it's satisfying and homey and I suggest you check it out. It's also one of those dishes where you can throw in any sad looking vegies from the bottom of the crisper. So mine 'accidentally' has quite a bit of red cabbage.

Because it was so quick, and Ryan was so late, I was able to experiment. I'm a big fan of blue cheese, and was completely inspired by these beautiful pictures at dessert comes first. I had grapes, and walnuts, so I had to try to to replicate the Red globe grapes wrapped in Roquefort and chopped walnuts. I didn't buy, roquefort cheese, but I did use some of my play money to buy an 'extra creamy' danish blue.
It's not as easy as it sounds.
The walnuts stuck to the cheese easily, but the cheese didn't want to stick to the grapes. I mashed the cheese with a dash of milk, but I think I made more of a mess than anything else.

Tasty mess though.

No comments: