Monday, April 16, 2007

Menu Plan Monday - April 16

On Maundy Thursday (the day before Good Friday) I stocked up on meat. Not JUST because my vegetarian experiment was coming to an end, but because Coles had to mark it all down. I think Good Friday is the only day (apart from Christmas Day?) when they can't open at all. I got a packet of sausages for 50c, a pack of stirfry pork for $1.50 and lamb roast for $4. It all went straight into the freezer! And this week's menu plan is all about the roast. Yum. Ryan is poking it with rosemary as I type.

Monday: Roast lamb with all the trimmings
Tuesday: Lamb and vegetable soup (recipe from Women's Day)
Wednesday: Fish salad, Donna Hay inspired
Thursday: Lamb souvlaki wraps or lamb fritters. Yay for left overs!
Friday: Chickpea curry (we didn't eat it last week, so it stayed on the list)

Backup: Quesadilla's

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Hi Kazari_lu. Thank you so much for your visit. I appreciate the kind complements about my story.

Your menu looks fabulous! Lamb is one of my favorites and I love souvlaki!