Monday, September 08, 2008

Hay Hay it's Apple Pancakes

I love breakfast food. I would happily subsist on Bircher Muesli, eggs and hash browns, and I can't imagine life without pancakes and maple syrup. I always knew I could top them with interesting things, but it wasn't until I went away on holiday that I realised you could actually add fruit to the batter. I fell in love with banana pancakes.
For HHDD #22, I wanted to try something a little different. This morning I made apple pancakes for the first time. I was really impressed! Wholemeal Apple Pancakes
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup plain wholemeal flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder, sifted
3 Tbsp caster sugar
1 eggs
1 cup (375 ml) milk
75 g butter, melted
pinch of salt
One apple, cored and grated.
Mix together the dry ingredients, add the rest, add the milk, eggs and butter and whisk until smooth. You may have to add more milk to get a pouring consistency. Stir in the grated apple. Melt some butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Pour 1/2 cups of the mixture into the pan, flipping when bubbles rise to the surface. Serve with maple syrup.

2 comments:

Suzana said...

I'm with you in your love for breakfast food - I could eat it all day long! Thanks for a lovely entry to HHDD. :)

Barbara said...

Great idea to add apple to the batter. Looks wonderful.