Sesame Date Muffins
1 Cup Self Raising flour
1 Cup Wholemeal Self Raising flour
small pinch ground cardamom
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup milk
1/2 Cup cream (you could double the milk instead)
1/3 Cup tahini *
3/4 Cup chopped dates
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease the muffin tins
2. Sift flour into a large bowl with the cardamom, then stir in the sugar.
3. In another bowl, mix the milk, cream, tahini and egg.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients, and dates. Stir as little as possible to combine. Use a spoon to drop into muffin tins, sprinkling with sesame seeds if you have some. Bake for around 20 minutes or until golden.
I can't wait to see the other muffins at the round-up!
* tahini is sesame paste (like peanut butter, but not). if you have to substitute, canola oil with a tablespoon of sesame oil would probably work.